Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Two-Rant Tuesday

Part One:


What the hell is up with people these days and what they’re wearing in public? I mean, I’m all for being casual and dressing comfortably, but there is still a line that you just don’t cross. Now, I’m hardly a fashionista (I think I spelled that right), but there are times I wish I had the authority to go up to people and write them tickets with huge fines for wearing inappropriate clothing in public. You all know exactly what I’m talking about—people who go into public wearing any combination of the following:

-pajama bottoms
-undergarments as outerwear
-sweat pants*
-workout clothes*
-athletic pants/shorts*
-army/hunting fatigues

(*--these items are acceptable if one is in a gym or is out jogging, but not at the supermarket or the mall, etc.)

As far as I’m concerned, the people who dress that way aren’t being casual and comfortable, they’re being lazy and slovenly. There is an almost limitless variety of shirts, pants, and shorts available on the market that are both casual and comfortable, so there is no real excuse. Please people! If you’re going to step out of the house, wear real clothes!

And don’t even get me started on people who can’t coordinate their colors

Lee

5 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

So, I can't wear my boxers to Zeke's?

You need to stand out on the sidewalk in front of my store around 4pm every day -- with your fashionista ticket book in hand.
There is a local woman who jogs downtown wearing a ratty sportsbra and bicycle pants. Both of which look like Mothra had brunch on them. And the sportsbra is about 2 cup sizes too small, so that little mounds of flesh come popping out through the holes like playdough in a fuzzy-pumper barber shop.

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you there! What's worse is people who don't cover up enough! That irks me when anybody...woman or man shows too much skin when they should be covering that stuff up!!

katherine. said...

oh man...you should see the teenagers in California...

Carrie said...

Things like this are why I'm addicted to What Not to Wear. I'm still waiting for Clinton and Stacey to come to my work and get me.

Desert Songbird said...

The teenagers in AZ aren't much better, Katherine. Especially when those teens are the tiny, lithe things that could get away with wearing some of this stuff. I've seen teens with bigger belly pooches than I have, and I've had two kids!