Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Two-Rant Tuesday


Part Two:


One of my co-workers brought in a box of doughnuts today, and I helped myself to a big, gooey apple fritter after my lunch. And that’s when I saw it: someone had cut one of the doughnuts in half. Please! Am I the only one who’s just a wee bit annoyed by those wimps who won’t eat a whole doughnut, or drink an entire can of Pepsi in one sitting, or insists that you cut a normal-sized piece of cake or pie in half? C’mon people, live a little! Eat the whole doughnut! It ain’t gonna kill ya!

I’m reminded of a scene from the Golden Girls—or as I say among friends, “I just had a Golden Girls moment”—where Dorothy is telling the story of a woman who went to a chic restaurant in Paris but only ordered a salad (because of that evil “D” word). After lunch, as she was coming out of the building, a gargoyle fell on her head and killed her. Look at what her last meal on this earth was…a rotten, stinking salad!

Well, that’s not going to happen to me. I say live Now, because you never know what’ll happen tomorrow.

And besides, do you really think anyone is going to eat your left-over half doughnut?

Lee

5 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

I would rather the person take the whole donut and throw away what they won't eat, rather than leave the altercated half remaining in the box.
But you're right - go ahead and eat the whole donut.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mo on this one! Take it all and throw away what you don't eat!

But, hell no I wouldn't eat half a donut. I'd just forget about it altogether!

Great post, Lee!

katherine. said...

ah...okay...I confess it's me.

people are leaving the half donuts for me. I sometimes have two or three half donuts. That way I get to have more than one flavor. smile

Carrie said...

They do it to torture the people who are trying to limit their donut intake, but having a really tough time with it. The ones who will have a whole donut, then walk back by the box later and see that half lingering.. and take it and eat it "just so it won't go to waste" and then berate themselves for the rest of the afternoon for eating too many sweets.

Not that I have any experience with these things...

Desert Songbird said...

See, Katherine has it right - more than one flavor!