Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Good Morning!


I love mornings and I am definitely a morning person. In my opinion, mornings are the best part of the day. I feel a wonderful sense of peace in the morning, when everything is quiet and calm. I also feel most motivated in the morning; my mind is more focused and I do my best work during those first couple of hours.

I especially appreciate mornings during the summer, when it’s the coolest part of the day. I want to be up and enjoying that brief time of cool comfort before the full heat of the day sets in. But I enjoy mornings throughout the entire year. During the spring and fall, mornings are fresh, crisp, and full of promise. They make me feel like I can accomplish just about anything. Even a winter’s morning, with its cold stillness can be a special time if you know how to appreciate it.

To me, one of the greatest mysteries in life is why so many people would want to waste a wonderful morning with something as mundane and lifeless as sleep. Oh well, I guess that just leaves more for me…

Lee

5 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

You are SO talking about me in the last paragraph, aren't you?

How can you get anything done in the mornings with me snoring away in the next room????

Anonymous said...

*LOL* @ Mo!

I only WISH I could sleep in a lot of mornings...with two small children sleep is most of the time not even in my vocabulary. But, usually when they are gone, I can't sleep in.

Amazing Gracie said...

The moment I entered this world my internal clock was set on PM. When I was working, mornings were tedious and identical. I have been in the mountains or at the beach early in the morning and it was exhilarating but I was there because I wanted to be there. I think that makes the difference.
As for summer, it should've been a four-letter word.
Glad to see you're back. I really enjoy your choice of photos.

Mo and The Purries said...

By the way, my dreams in the morning sleep-ins are far from "mundane & lifeless" -- just today I was taking college classes with Jamie Summers (that would be Lindsay Wagner, not the new girl) and then we were river rafting in a flood.
White water rafting with the Bionic Woman = far from mundane & lifeless!

Desert Songbird said...

Actually, I love early mornings and late nights. I'm not an afternoon person.

Mornings are wonderfully peaceful; I get lots of good thinking and daydreaming done.