Monday, August 6, 2007

I Love 'Em...I Hate 'Em...


I have a love/hate relationship with computers. In general, I’d have to say that computers are okay. They can help with a variety of tasks, and make life easier. But invariably they break down, and that’s where the “hate” part comes in. Files and programs get corrupted, or they simply refuse to work when “this” isn’t compatible with “that”, and don’t even get me started on how quickly things become outdated or obsolete.

All of these things are becoming more and more prevalent in the computer at home. Outdated systems and a crappy ISP combine to create an internet experience that is sub-par at best. Slow isn’t the word for it. Sometimes it just stops working. There are times when it can get so frustrating that I just want to take a sledge hammer to the damn thing.

I often toy with the idea of getting rid of the thing altogether. Would not having a computer really make my life more difficult…or would it actually simplify things? Sure there are things I would miss, but might the peace I would gain in return eventually outweigh those things? The jury is still out on that one, but I’m getting closer and closer to pulling the plug every day.

For now, don’t expect many updates on the weekends. I have internet access at work (with a lightning-fast DSL connection), so that’s where most of my posts will be coming from.

Lee

2 comments:

Janna said...

I have a love-hate relationship with computers too.
That's an improvement; remember back in college, it was a HATE-hate relationship. :)

Anonymous said...

I would be lost without my laptop! :(