Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Two-Rant Tuesday


Part Two:

I think all people who whistle should die on the spot.

Now, let me explain that my dislike of whistling has absolutely nothing to do with people being overly cheerful. It is simply a dislike for the sound itself: loud, high-pitched, and irritating. For me, whistling is like fingernails on a chalkboard, and it makes me want to go “postal” on the perpetrator.

And then there is the disturbing fact that most of the people who whistle (or hum or sing out loud) are also the ones who are (apparently) the most tone deaf. The kind of people who couldn’t carry a tune if their life depended on it (which it might, if they hang around me too long). It’s noise pollution, plain and simple, and it should be ranked among the most heinous of crimes, punishable by death, to subject other people to their god-awful screeching, squawking, and caterwauling.

And don’t get me started on the most evil noise pollution of all: karaoke…

Lee

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I know what you mean about whistling...I have a coworker who whistles incessantly. And it's always the song that was on the radio five minutes ago, over the song that's on the radio now. Or the chorus in the middle of the verse.. it's horrid.

But I love karaoke. I love to sing, and it's helped me come out of my shell quite a bit. Granted, there are people that go up that should never sing again, but IMHO, if you go to a bar/restaurant and they're advertising that it's karaoke night, you gotta take the good with the bad. You never know, you might be treated to an amazingly accurate rendition of "Come Sail Away" in the style of Eric Cartman from South Park. :)

katherine. said...

well....except for Bridge on the River Kwai....

just kidding