Friday, August 3, 2007

Seasonal Misery


I really, really, REALLY hate summer.

For those of you who may have read my first blog, you will already know this, but it bears repeating. In my opinion it is, by far, the worst of all seasons. Every year in late May, the temperature starts rising and my spirits start dropping. I cannot tolerate heat of any kind, and as it gets hotter I have less energy or motivation to do anything. By the time we get to the merciless, blistering heat of August, I am downright miserable.

I hate being all sweaty and sticky. I hate stepping outside and being instantly assaulted by blast furnace temperatures. Unless you are blessed with a working air conditioner (which I am presently without), it is completely impossible to get comfortable in hot weather. No matter what you do. You can be completely naked in front of any number of fans drinking ice cold beverages, and you still feel like you’re slowly melting.

But I keep telling myself that we’re over the hump. There are fewer days of summer ahead of us than behind us. It’s the worst part of the summer, but it’s almost over. Autumn is just around the corner…

4 comments:

katherine. said...

I'm with you...I hate the heat...when I visit the midwest during the summber I cannot sleep without the air conditioner. I wake up every hour feeling like I am being smothered. Just thinking about it makes me cringe...

Janna said...

Truer words were never spoken.

Callie Ann said...

You know lee. I like you should invest in one of those costco pools. there two hundred bucks and the worst thing that could happen is you could turn pruninee. I am goign to vegas next month to my Aunt's and I will be found in the pool for a week. Refreshing it will be.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I'm with ya...ready for winter. You can always pile the clothes on to keep warm. But, you can only take so much off in the summer and you're still hot!